My passion is to help the less privileged. Both TODAYS’S DECISIONS and AGENT OF POSITIVE CHANGE have been sowed into this cause. I will use a charity organization to channel the returns from the work towards the provision of inspiration and education to empower children and young adults in impoverished communities of developing nations.
We are currently identifying potential candidates across less privileged communities. Three Secondary schools in dire need have been identified in Nigeria. Discussions are ongoing to get the scale of the issues they have and how we can be of help. The three schools and the issues identified so far are:
Government College Pankshin, Plateau State, Nigeria
– Poor quality food for boarding students
– Poor quality teaching
– Lack of academic and sporting equipment
– No school website to access external help
– Poor social interaction platform for current students, teachers and alumni
– Low engagement with curriculum due to the poverty of students
– Lack of books in the school library
– Lack of books for subject teachers
– Good writing materials for many students is a problem
Government Secondary School, Miango, Plateau State, Nigeria
– Same issues as Government College Pankshin.
Cherubim And Seraphim (C&S) College, Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria
– Has great potential but lacks up-to-date facilities to support bright students
– Have an alarming number of poor students struggling to access the curriculum
– Library lacks good books
While we cannot meet all the needs, we are committed to the provision of some basics to students with the most needs. It is estimated that £25 will provide scholarships to pupils covering Maths and English textbooks, quality notebooks, mathematical set, pens and pencils. The group considered are those transitioning from Junior Secondary (JS3) to Senior Secondary (SS1), which gives the added benefit of considering their academic performance as one of the criteria for selection.
100% of profit made on my two books will go towards helping the less privileged. The immediate target is to provide scholarship of £25 to 100 students (a total of £2,500). So, for a minimum donation of £25, you will in turn get signed copies of both TODAY’S DECISIONS and AGENT OF POSITIVE CHANGE.
Transparency commitment: All sponsors will receive bi-annual updates on progress made and evidence of students sponsored will also be provided on demand.
Together we can positively change lives of youngsters, one child at a time.
I have a responsibility to manage these funds with the best interest of our target kids and young adults at heart. Not only am I accountable to you and the beneficiaries, but I am also ultimately accountable to God.